Thursday, September 16, 2010

Expereince Yourself as a Whole Person

Whenever someone asks me to experience myself as a whole person, I immediately take a deep breath . . . all the way to my finger tips, and down to the tips of my toes. I breath into my body as if it were a balloon. Eventually this breathing flips over to breathing in through my fingers and toes and into my center.

This is usually enough to relax any tension, but if tension remains, I breath into it. That is my experience of my self as a whole person, physically speaking. There are other aspects of my whole person hood that come into the picture, but that is a whole other exercise.

http://www.arthurimiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/jung-first-mandala.jpg

2 comments:

Miri Stewart said...

Will you tell me what that picture is?
-m

t23 said...

Sure,

It is a Mandala that Carl G. Jung painted. If I understand it correctly, this one represents the self, and to him mandalas were representations of a whole self. If that is interesting to you I would suggest looking into it further as it is an in depth topic.

I would start with Carl Jung and Mandalas

Thanks for asking!